Crossroads Membership Requirements
Job Description (Created on ________)
CHAPTER 8: MEMBERSHIP
- Members of this congregation shall be those baptized persons on the roll of the congregation at the time that these Bylaws are adopted and those who are admitted thereafter and who have declared and maintained their membership in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution and these Bylaws.
Members shall be classified as follows:
- Baptized members are those persons who have been received by the Sacrament of Holy Baptism in this congregation, or, having been previously baptized in the name of the Triune God, or by affirmation of faith through the new member process of this church;
- Confirmed members are baptized persons who have confirmed their faith as a result of Confirmation instruction, those who have been received by adult baptism, or by affirmation of faith through the new member process of this congregation;
- Voting members are confirmed members. Such confirmed members shall have communed and made a contribution of record during the current or preceding year and have committed themselves to the mission of Crossroads Lutheran Congregation without restriction in regard to membership in other Christian organizations.
- It shall be the privilege and duty of members of this congregation to:
- Make regular use of the means of Grace, both Word and Sacraments;
- Live a Christian life in accordance with the Word of God;
- Support the work of this congregation through contribution of their time, abilities, and financial support as biblical stewards;
- Attend new member session(s) on understanding “What We Believe” at CLC.
- Membership in this congregation shall be terminated by any of the following:
- Transfer or release
CHAPTER 9: PROPERTY OWNERSHIP
- The property of Crossroads Lutheran Congregation belongs to the members of the congregation.
- If this congregation ceases to exist, the property and assets shall be sold, all debts retired and if there are funds remaining, they shall be given away to honor the cause of Christ.
CHAPTER 10: RESPONSIBILITY OF CLC MEMBERS
- It is the responsibility of the members to read and follow the constitution and bylaws. If conflict arises within the church, the situation should be handled according to the appropriate chain of command:
- First, the conflict should be presented to the Church Steering Committee at a special meeting. If no resolution is made within the Steering Committee then proceed to (b.)
- Second, the situation should be presented to the Augustana District. If no resolution is made or if the situation warrants, then proceed to (c.)
Third, if the conflict is a criminal offense, it should be taken to the proper